Motoko is back, answering your questions and offering her Fall 2007 makeup trends.
Hooker with Makeup
At school I’m in the popular crowd but I don’t wear much makeup because I don’t know how to make me look great without over doing it if I don’t know what I’m doing. So how can I wear makeup without looking like a hooker.
What is your definition of HOOKER MAKE-UP? Like a hooker in “Pretty Woman”? or ,,,,,,,,,,,
I haven’t seen a real hooker up close enough to see the make-up, except in the movies, which isn’t real anyway. So the amount of make-up someone wears is really relative. Generally, when people say “hooker” make-up, they mean someone is wearing too much.
I haven’t seen your face, so I cannot describe exactly what kind of make-up for you to avoid being “hooker looking” (aside from wearing too much make-up). But, these are basic natural make-up steps for Asian girls.
1. Apply a thin layer of foundation with concealer under the eyes or spots you want to hide. (If you have nice healthy skin, then just apply sunscreen lotion and concealer on any place where you think it’s necessary.)
2. Powder (loose powder or compact powder) on your face lightly with a big brush.
*You can use a compact foundation powder after sunscreen lotion; however, please use a light amount; otherwise, it makes your skin dry and gives a muddy thick look.
3. Apply brown/ taupe color eye shadow lightly on your eye crease . Also, it’s nice to have mauve / brownish pink tone color for Asian girls. (Avoid using green or blue eye shadow on your eyes. Smoky eyes are nice on Asian girls but do not use any bright blue or green color).
4. Draw thin eyeliner with a pencil or liquid liner on the eyelash lines (Top)
5. Apply black or dark brown mascara
6. Subtle peachy or pink blush on your cheeks
7. Apply clear or light nude color lip gloss (matte is fine). If you have a pale skin tone, then apply a stain color on your lips.
At the beginning, try to apply make-up gradually and see how it looks. If you think you need more, then use it — but be careful no to use too much.
Enjoy doing your make-up!
Fall is the color of autumn leaves on the ground. I suggest two patterns.
A: Clean eyes (light beige shadow, liner, & Mascara) with burgundy lips (I prefer matte, but you could use gloss) or velvet dark red just like a maple leaf changed to red in autumn.
B: Smoky dark green/sage color eyes with mauve matte lips or brownish beige tone lips.