If you are in the Washington DC area, make sure you check out the Cherry Blossom Festival which starts this weekend and runs through April 14th.
A part of this will be the: 48th Annual Sakura Matsuri — Japanese Street Festival on Sat April 12 11am to 6 pm.
The Sakura Matsuri – “ Japanese Street Festival has four main areas: * Arts & Crafts is an introduction to Japan's traditional culture * J-POP Land features popular Japanese culture such as anime (animation), manga (comics), J-POP music, and Dance Dance Revolution (DDR)
* The popular Taste of Japan features 15 Japanese and Asian restaurants, plus two Kirin Beer Gardens * Hakutsuru sake tasting area The Ginza Marketplacefeatures Japanese and other products for sale
Plus there are five live performance stages:
* Pennsylvania Avenue Stage – Japanese traditional music and dance, koto, and the exciting taiko drums, sponsored by All Nippon Airways and WASH-FM
* Martial Arts Stage – Aikido, jujitsu, sumo, karate, kendo, kyudo
* 12th Street Stage – BIG 100.3 hosts “Super Karaoke”
* J-POP Stage- Featuring Japanese popular music and anime from Japan
* Okinawa Stage – Featuring performers from Japan's southern-most island.
More information www.sakuramatsuri.org