Kollaboration has launched an array of talent shows which provided a much needed platform for countless aspiring artists in music, dance, poetry, and other creative expressions. Kollaboration has been able to help turn up the volume of many Asian Pacific Islander (API) American voices in 24 shows in 5 cities so far. This year, Kollaboration 9 will take center stage on February 21st, 2009 at the Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles for its 25th show. The show will be offering special guest performances by MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew’s Kaba Modern and Fanny Pak. Also performing is Comedy Central’s Jo Koy, whose new show premieres this year.
The historical and iconic venue's 6,300 seats will be filled by an eager audience, as the show's line-up of competing performers are composed of the most listened-to independent artists of today:
· Jane Lui – “ award-winning songwriter and performer with her rich and soulful voice
· Paul Dateh – “ hip hop violinist
· David Choi – “ Warner Chappell songwriter and David Bowie award-winning songwriter and performer.
· Kenichi Ebina – “ the only two-time Grand Champion of Showtime at the Apollo; actor and choreographer of the Japanese drama Manhattan Diaries
· Jazmin – “ the four-sister pop-group finalists of MTV's Top Pop Group and NBC's America's Got Talent
· Kina Grannis – “ Interscope Record’s singer and songwriter
· Lilybeth Evardome – “ Concerto protÃ©gÃ© of Andrew Robinson of the Los Angeles Philharmonic