Isn’t Kim Jong-Il on his deathbed? You know he will be ruling from the grave also.
Stormy conditions forced the military to suspend the search for 46 sailors missing since a mysterious blast blew apart their navy ship last week, officials said Wednesday, a day after a diver died during the rescue mission.
Defense Ministry spokesman Won Tae-jae told reporters that divers could not go down to the wreckage of the Cheonan due to the prospect of rain, high winds and a swift current.
Military officials say the exact cause of the explosion remains unclear, and U.S. and South Korean officials say there is no evidence of North Korean involvement.
However, Defense Minister Kim Tae-young told lawmakers earlier in the week that a floating mine dispatched from North Korea was one possible explanation for the blast. A mine left over from the 1950-53 Korean War may also have struck the ship, he said.
The military has not ruled out the possibility of a torpedo attack, Navy Chief of Staff Kim Sung-chan said Tuesday.
You know he Kim Jong-Il is responsible for this. That guy has so much blood on his hands.
It could also be the work of a suicide attacker, a North Korean defector who once worked for the regime’s spy agency said.
North Korean operates suicide squads known as “human torpedoes,” Chang Jin-seong, a poet who fled North Korea in 2004, wrote on his blog. “Marines are trained to drive the bombs toward the target,” he wrote.
The Chosun Ilbo newspaper said a North Korean submersible or semi-submersible vessel disappeared around the time of the ship’s sinking and has since returned to its base north of Baengnyeong Island. The report cited an unidentified government source with access to satellite pictures.
The source said the disappearance wasn’t unusual and that it would be difficult to connect it to Friday’s explosion.