Gnocchi With Yellow Tomato Sauce
1 yellow bell pepper (rinsed)
4 ripe, yellow tomatoes (rinsed)
5 fresh basil leaves (rinsed)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 (10-ounce) bag frozen seasoning blend (onions, bell peppers, celery)
1/2 cup white wine
1 tablespoon chicken base
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 (16-ounce) box gnocchi pasta
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cut pepper into quarters (discard seeds and membrane); cut pepper into 1/4-inch pieces. Remove and discard core from tomatoes; cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch chunks. Stack basil leaves; slice into thin strips. Set all aside.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in sauté pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic and seasoning blend; cook 3–4 minutes, stirring often, or until onions begin to soften.
3. Stir in wine, chicken base, tomatoes, bell pepper, basil, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat on tomato mixture to medium; cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until all vegetables are soft and sauce has thickened slightly.
5. Meanwhile, fill large saucepan half full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for gnocchi.
6. Stir gnocchi into boiling water (separating, if needed). Boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
7. Stir butter and cheese into tomato mixture; cook 3 minutes or until cheese and butter melts. Drain gnocchi; toss with tomato sauce and serve.
1 bag baby lettuce blend (5-7 ounces)
1/2 cup croutons
1/2 cup grape tomatoes (rinsed)
1/2 cup strawberries (rinsed)
1/4 cup blue cheese vinaigrette
1. Place lettuce, croutons, and tomatoes in salad bowl. Slice strawberries thinly; add to salad.
2. Add dressing; toss and serve.