1. Lancome Star Bronzer – $33: Memorial Day weekend is coming up and you don’t have enough money for a getaway in La Republica Dominicana there are real things to worry about like rent, cell phone bills and paying back the government for all the money you borrowed to attend that expensive university. Your next option? Get some sun in your backyard and this bronzer. A brush and dispenser in a portable stick makes this a must-have! Head back to work with a shimmering glow and when your boss asks you if you went away for the weekend, smile and nod. You’re not lying. You had a fascinating getaway at A La Backyarda, martinis and all. It’s okay to fake the funk, they don’t need to know!
2. L’Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream – $10: That new guy that you’ve been dating? He doesn’t want to hold your hands if they’re rougher than his. The prospective client you’re meeting for the first time? Think they’ll be impressed with your crusty hands? Throw the 1oz. tube of this fragrant free moisturizer in your purse. People who are suffering from allergies will appreciate you.
3. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer $16: Ever wonder how celebrities maintain their perfect model magazine look at movie premieres, when hundreds of photographers are using their flash and the red carpet arena has over 300 spotlights? The Smashbox primer is their secret. Dab it over your skin after your make-up is applied and the paparazzi just might be tempted to take photos of you coming out of the grocery store!
4. Proactiv Solution Concealer Plus (light, medium & dark) – $18: You have a 13 hour flight from NYC to Tokyo, a business meeting as soon as you land and a huge pimple on your nose. What do you do? Make sure your iPod is updated with good music, apply the concealer plus and hit the shut-eye. Wake up to plenty of konnichiwas and a clear face. Celebrities love this so much they buy this in bulk! Comes in light, medium & dark shades to accommodate your skin tone.
5. Kiss My Face Olive & Lavender Soap – $3: You want soft skin and your boyfriend to tell you that you smell good every time he sees you. Don’t get it from those Bath & Victoria & Body & Secret shower gels. In a world where organic anything is trendy, you’re sure to love this soap. You can throw away that scented candle because the scent of olive & lavender will consume your bathroom. Who doesn’t love multi-purpose things?
6. MAC Fluidline Eye Liner Gel – $14 : Women have been experiencing with eyeliner since, well..forever. At a young age, you wonder why mommy is using a pencil to draw on her eye? You go to your pencil case, get in front of the mirror, realizes it doesn’t have the same effect and even worse, your oldest sister busts open the bathroom door and starts laughing at you. It might take some time to learn how to use this eye liner, since you also need a brush and very steady hands. No worries, that’s why YouTube has all these tutorials!
7. MAC Brush Cleanser $12: Designed to extend the life of your expensive make-up brushes. It is imperative for the brush cleanser to join your fabulous collection especially if you’re a believer in the MAC Fluidline Eye Liner Gel. Pour some onto a paper towel and swipe your brush on it. You’ll be amazed at how miraculously this works in getting rid of all the excessive make-up that doesn’t land on your face.
8. Benefit High Beam $24 – Eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara – check. Foundation, blush, bronzer – check. But something is missing! We all need a little radiance in our life! Just dot over your cheek and brow bones and go about your business. Hey, if they’re calling this the “supermodel in a bottle”, they don’t need to explain any further!
9. Maybelline Volum Express the Falsies $7.50 – Don’t have time to fix your face before the morning rush? No problem. Use the Lancome bronzer to add some color to your face, dot the Benefit High Beam across your cheek for that dewey skin and apply Volum Express the Falsies to widen your eyes! Make sure you wink at the cutie who works at the accounting department. Nobody that you come across on your daily commute will realize that you woke up 5 minutes ago!
10.Vaseline $2 – Speaking of multi-purpose things, you’re sure to have seen this household product in mom’s medicine cabinet as a child. Whether she used it to prevent you from having chapped lips in the winter when she walked you to school, or to slab it onto the cut that you got from falling down from the monkey bars – Vaseline is THE BUSINESS.
A lot of people sleep on Vaseline as an eye make-up remover. If you’re an avid user of MAC Fluidline Eye Liner Gel, you know that it’s hard to remove. Apply a dime size amount on your eyes and use your fingers to spread it in a circular motion until you look like a panda. Wipe it off with a cotton pad and tell your boo to send chocolates to me, because I just made your pre-bed routine a lot easier and quicker, so you have more time to uh, cuddle in bed with him.
Check out a great article from JUST FILL ME IN that gives you 50 different reasons of why Vaseline is good for you. http://justfillmein.com/2009/06/vaseline-goodness/
Okay your turn! What are some of your beauty must-haves?