With summer in full swing, there is no better time to step up your beauty regime and get yourself ready to take advantage of the great outdoors. Adding these summer essentials into your daily routine will renew your mind, body & spirit and will take care of you throughout the whole season.
- Spirit – Spoonk Mat- Based on the Indian principle of the bed of nails and Japanese shiatsu massage, this eco friendly acupressure mat has over 6000 small spikes that release pressure points and has been proven to improve sleep, reduce backpain, energize and relax you by just lying on it for 20 minutes. www.spoonkspace.com
- Body – Pilates – Known to elongate and tone your muscles while defining the core, after 30 classes you’ll actually increase your height as well as have a totally different body just in time for the beach. One of the original Pilates studios in the country is True Pilates at 358 East 57 St. www.truepilatesny.com
- Mind – Perhaps it’s because we live in an ADD generation, but as we start to age our memory begins to fade. Quincy Bioscience has patented Prevagen which has been clinically proven to increase memory functions in women. The secret ingredient is based on a protein called apoaequorin which comes from the jellyfish – an organism with one of the simplest nervous systems. www.prevagen.com
- Face – With the heat & humidity, sometimes the last thing you want to put on your face is a creamy moisturizer. Bare Essentials has come up with a powdered solution, their Pure Transformation Night Treatment uses a Rare Minerals Active Soil Complex in a powder form that works miracles while you sleep – reducing the size of pores, increasing luminosity, while improving the texture of your skin. Best of all it comes in different shades that can flatter women of all skin colors. www.bareescentuals.com
- Hair – As humidity and the beach can cause unmanageable frizziness this summer, Keratin Perfect has come up with an at home solution to smooth those locks to salon perfection in just one treatment. Exclusively at Sephora. www.keratinperfect.com
- Well Being – As our bodies are 60% water, iIt’s important to stay hydrated in the summer heat, and one of the best ways to control your sugar intake while adding vitamin supplements is to create your own carbonated soda flavors and infuse them with botanical herbs and powdered supplements. Sodastream is not only easy on the wallet, calorie count, and the environment but also big on flavor and customization. www.sodastream.com
- If you’re not a fan of the taste of tap water, try Zerowater’s home filtration system that uses ions and carbon to reduce lead and chromium and other small particles typically found in tap water. www.zerowater.com