This summer House Foods added Super Firm Tofu to its growing family of products to meet the needs of health-conscious American consumers. On July 14th, Asiance was the first to sample various dishes featuring the new Super Firm Tofu line. We were treated to dinner and had the opportunity to mingle with Steve Smith, NFL All-Pro wide receiver and House Foods brand ambassador. The Event will be held at the River Palm Terrace in Edgewater, NJ. We picked out our favorite recipes which are fabulous for summertime barbecues! The tofu was delicious! The best we have ever eaten!!
TOFU Crabcakes With Sirachi Teriyaki Remoulade
(Serving 6-8- 2oz. portions)
- 8oz House Foods Organic Super Firm Tofu
- 8oz Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 1oz Unsalted Butter
- 3oz All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Of Drained Horseradish
- 1 Bunch Of Chopped Scallions
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Japanese Bread Crumbs (Panko)
- Salt And Ground Black Pepper (To Taste)
- 1/2 Cup Of Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Siracha Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
** MICROWAVE TOFU FOR 1 MINUTE ELIMINATING ACCESS MOISTURE**
- Melt Butter on a low flame until completely melted, Incorporate Flour until all mixed (should look like wet sand). Creating a Roux.
- Begin whisking Milk into the Roux creating a sauce known as a Bechamel.
- Let simmer for 5-7 min. Reserve and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl place 8oz. of Tofu crumbled by hand, 8oz. of Jumbo lump crabmeat, Chopped scallions, Dijon mustard, Horseradish, Salt, and Pepper.
- Next add the Bechamel sauce to the mix folding in without breaking to much of the Crabmeat.
- Start making 6-8 2oz. portioned Crab cakes drench in Flour and Egg wash then coat in Japanese Breadcrumbs.
- For Remoulade – Combine Mayonnaise, Siracha, and Teriyaki. Reserve and chill.
- In a Medium High Skillet begin to pan fry Crabcakes until golden brown on each side, Place Crabcakes in a 350 Degree oven for 5 mins.
- Place Crab cakes on Appropriate sized plate along side the Remoulade. Garnish with sliced Lemon and Chopped Scallions.
Recipe Courtesy Of Chef Michael Galasso of The River Palm Terrace Restaurant (Edgewater, New Jersey)