This summer House Foods added Super Firm Tofu to its growing family of products to meet the needs of health-conscious American consumers. On Thursday, July 14th Asiance was the first to sample various dishes featuring the new Super Firm Tofu line. We were treated to dinner and had the opportunity to mingle with Steve Smith, NFL All-Pro wide receiver and House Foods brand ambassador. The Event will be held at the River Palm Terrace in Edgewater, NJ. We picked out our favorite recipes which are fabulous for summertime barbecues! The tofu was delicious! The best we have ever eaten!!
Tofu and Tomato Skewer with Herb sauce
(Servings – 10 skewers)
- 1 package of House Foods Extra Firm Tofu
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes
- 10 Bamboo skewers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large Shallot
- ½ bundle Italian parsley
- ½ bundle Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- ½ Tbsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. Freshly grounded black pepper
- ¼ tsp. Red pepper flake
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Wrap tofu with paper towel and place on plate. Put it in microwave for about a minute to remove excess moisture.
- In a food processor put garlic, shallot and give it a quick whirl. To it add Italian parsley, cilantro and give it another whirl.
- In a bowl place chopped herbs and add vinegar, salt, black pepper, red flake, and extra virgin olive oil. Mix them together.
- Cut tofu in cubes in the same size as tomatoes.
- Place two tofu cubes and two tomatoes alternately on skewers. Brush tofu with the sauce and grill for 3 to 4 mins on each side. Brush a couple more times until grill mark is shown. Brush tofu again before serving.