Filipino boxing champion Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao has confirmed that negotiations are ongoing with the camp of unbeaten American Floyd Mayweather Jr. regarding a possible mega-fight.
Pacquiao said that Mayweather may be more eager to fight him now, after his fight against Mexico’s Juan Manuel Marquez last November 12 in Las Vegas.
Although he won via majority decision, Pacquiao was not his usual explosive self, and admitted that Marquez’s counter-punching style gave him trouble. Many analysts and observers have said that Marquez deserved to win the fight, rather than Pacquiao.
Mayweather routed Marquez completely when they met in 2009.
It was reported earlier this week that Pacquiao’s adviser, Michael Koncz, had traveled to Las Vegas to meet with Top Rank chief executive officer Bob Arum regarding the Mayweather fight.
Pacquiao is hoping that the negotiations will fall into place so that his much awaited mega-fight with Mayweather will finally happen.