Today Speaker Gingrich received the coveted endorsement of one of the country’s most important conservative publications, the New Hampshire Union-Leader. The New Hampshire Union-Leader was among the first to champion Ronald Reagan and has a history of endorsing eventual New Hampshire primary winners! This is just further evidence that Speaker Gingrich is the conservative frontrunner to be the Republican nominee for president!
From today’s front-page editorial:
“America is at a crucial crossroads. It is not going to be enough to merely replace Barack Obama next year. We are in critical need of the innovative, forward-looking strategy and positive leadership that Gingrich has shown he is capable of providing.
“He did so with the Contract with America. He did it in bringing in the first Republican House in 40 years and by forging balanced budgets and even a surplus despite the political challenge of dealing with a Democratic President. A lot of candidates say they’re going to improve Washington. Newt Gingrich has actually done that, and in this race he offers the best shot of doing it again.”
This campaign is peaking at just the right moment. With bold policy initiatives and a history of conservative leadership, Speaker Gingrich has established himself as the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney.
Polls, opinions, crowds, and contributors are all showing the same thing: conservatives are unifying behind this campaign. Cautious management can be effective during good times, but difficult times call for big changes and brave new proposals. After four long years of the failed Obama administration, our nation is facing an economic catastrophe at home and an increasingly unstable landscape abroad. Now is not the time for timid management; now is the time for Newt Gingrich.
With Newt what you see is what you get! If you need more information to make your decision, why not stop by your nearest bookstore and read at least one of his many bestselling books? I took the liberty of bolding the most appropriate reads. I read and thoroughly enjoyed all of them!
The list is as follows:
1. Winning the Future: A 21st Century Contract With America
2. A Nation Like No Other: Why American Exceptionalism Matters
3. Real Change: The Fight for America’s Future
4. To Save America: Stopping Obama’s Secular-Socialist Machine
5. Lessons Learned the Hard Way
6. A Contract with the Earth
7. Real Change: From the World That Fails to the World That Works
8. To Try Men’s Souls: A Novel of George Washington and the Fight for American Freedom
9. Window of Opportunity: A Blueprint for the Future
10. Rediscovering God in America: Reflections on the Role of Faith in Our Nation’s History
11. Saving Lives & Saving Money
12. Gettysburg: A Novel of the Civil War
13. Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less: A Handbook for Slashing Gas Prices and Solving Our Energy Crisis