For today’s beauty tutorial, I’m going to do a modern interpretation of Cleopatra’s golden, leonine eye makeup:
1. To begin, I apply a shimmery, golden-hued eyeshadow to my upper and lower primed eyelids. I used Chase from my Urban Decay 15 Anniversary Palette over Primer Potion in Greed.
2. Next, I apply black cream eyeliner to my upper and lower lash lines, extending the outer and inner corners to create a cat-like shape. Here I used Wet N Wild Cream Eyeliner applied with a Sonia Kashuk Bent Eyeliner Brush.
3. For added glitz, I use Sephora Glitter Eyeliner in Gold to accent my upper lash eyeliner.
4. Then, to highlight my brow arch, I apply a dab of Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer.
5. I curl my lashes with my Shiseido eyelash curler (which is more Asian eye-friendly than the drugstore brand) and apply Maybelline Full N Soft Waterproof Mascara in Black for definition. Full N Soft Waterproof is one of the few mascara brands I’ve used that will hold the curl of my short and straight eyelashes!
6. To finish, I adhere a pair of Daiso glittery false lashes to my upper lash line.
Voila! An easy, wearable version of the legendary Cleopatra’s eye makeup! To complete the gilded look, I simply brushed ELF Studio Bronzer in Golden to my cheeks and applied Stila Lip Glaze in Vanilla to my lips. The result is striking without appearing costume-y. In fact, I went to work like this and received many compliments.
I hope you all get a chance to give this look a try! Thanks for reading and have a great night!
*for additional details regarding this look, click here to check out my complementary post. 🙂