AYI.com, a leading Facebook integrated app with over 70 million installs, analyzed over 2.4 million interactions among its current user base in the United States and found eye-opening statistics on the likelihood of users to respond to other users based on race.
It was revealed that Asian women have the highest success rate with online dating because they not only appeal to, but are also the preferred ethnicity for all men; except Asian men who prefer Hispanic women. In comparison, African-American women are the least likely to receive a response from any man when it comes to online dating.
The data also revealed that African-American men are three times more likely to get a response from women of Black/African descent in comparison to a non-Black woman. This may be because AYI.com’s data indicates that African-American women prefer all other races to Caucasian men.
If users have specific preferences, AYI.com’s recently launched filtering feature allows members to define parameters and browse singles by ethnicity, body type, height, shared interests and mutual friends.
Below are some interesting takeaways:
- Asian women are the most preferred by all men, except Asian men, who prefer Hispanic/Latina women
- Asian women prefer men of a different race
- Men of Black / African descent are the least likely to get a response, except from women of Black / African descent, who are 3x more likely to reply than a non-Black woman
- Women of Black / African descent are the least likely to get a response from all men
- Asian, Hispanic/Latina & White/Caucasian women prefer White males over other races. Women of Black / African descentprefer all races over White/Caucasian men.
- Men of Black / African descent and White/Caucasian men are more likely to respond to women of different races
- White/Caucasian women are more 2.4x more likelyto respond to White/Caucasian men (most likely) than Men of Black / Africandescent (least likely)