I believe that the basis of any relationship is based on Trust, Friendship, Companionship, someone to share a few laughs with. Communication is also very important; discuss everything, the good, the bad and the down right ugly. I could handle a fiscal conservative albeit I might not agree with him on taxation policies to a point. No hard core capitalists who are anti-social-programs, please, but if he leans a little to the right on a fiscal scale, then I can deal with that. But he absolutely has to be pro-choice, pro-gay-marriage, pro-separation-of-church-and-state, yada yada. Dealbreakers! It’s not a penis joke! The ability to make me laugh and to laugh at my jokes it’s really a huge turn on- both sexual and emotional. Obviously this means premarital sex is a must, but I’m not even giving that another point because it’s so tied up in my need for sexual chemistry. Must be relatively close to my age. I need someone who is smart and doesn’t want me to give him a free ride. Must be highly intelligent. I’m a smart girl and have to have a partner with similar intelligence levels. Must be able to laugh when things don’t go as expected. Life is too short to get worked up over the little things.
1) Like-minded spiritually speaking. I come from a strong religious background and I simply could not mesh properly with someone who believed differently than I do. This requirement alone encompasses several other things, such as views on drugs, sexuality, etc. I’m not a prude or closed-minded but I have made certain choices in my life and need someone who agrees with those.
2) He must, he MUST communicate with me. Too many times I have been in relationships where concerns/fears/etc. were never discussed, leading to incredibly painful breakups that left me questioning myself. My ex-boyfriend promised me he would always talk to me about things, and I promised him the same, and sometimes it’s been hard but we still talk, and it’s helping us build a strong foundation. We create memories and we seek fun and pleasure.
3) He must not take himself too seriously/must have a good sense of humor. I love that he makes me laugh and can be completely goofy and nerdy, but more than that he’s able to let things slide off and not take anything too seriously, especially himself. It creates an easygoing personality that is so important to me.
4) He must be kind, but also honest. One of the things I love the most about my exes were what a huge heart they have. Must have a huge respect for all creatures, even bugs, and he loves very fiercely. He has a great relationship with his folks, and he’s willing to do anything for his friends. That being said, he’s honest enough so that no one ever doubts where they stand with him. He won’t be rude to someone he’s not crazy about, but at the same time, he won’t pretend to be their best friend either. I respect that a lot.
5) He must have a wide variety of interests and be open to trying new things. I desire a guy in every respect. I’m attracted who loves sports and video games. But he also loves a good book, playing music or going to a live show, ethnic foods, and traveling. If he’s a frequent flyer out of the country yet but also willing to talk about all the places we’d like to go. And he’s open minded and respectful of my interests, even where they differ from his.