1 lb. white fish fillets
2 green onions
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. sliced almonds
1 tbsp. finely shredded gingerroot
1 4 ounce can of straw mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup low fat chicken broth
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1 tsp. of cornstarch
8 ounces of fresh organic asparagus spears, cut diagonally into
1 and 1/4-inch pieces
1. Rinse fish and pat dry. Place each fillet on a piece of foil large enough to enclose it.
2. Cut onions in half lengthwise and then cut into 1 and 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Heat wok over high heat. Add oil. Stir fry onions, almonds and gingerroot for 30 seconds. Stir in mushrooms.
4. Mix broth, oyster sauce, and cornstarch. Add to wok. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in asparagus; cool.
5. Spoon asparagus mixture over fish. Fold foil to make parcels; place in Steamer Basket. Cover; steam 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Kettle of Fish
A great movie that my friend Lisa worked on with Michael Mailer of Michael Mailer Films. I love both Matthew Modine and Gina Gershon! Gina most recently played Donnatella Versace and hit it right on!! 🙂