Candy Corn Corn Bread
I usually discourage the intake and/or use of sugar, however; a few indulgences a year won’t kill you!
1 2/3 cups of whole grain, soy or quinoa flour
1 cup of cornmeal
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 1/3 cups of 2 percent milk
1/2 cup of low fat margarine
1 1/2 tbsp. Organic Raw Indian White Honey
1 large egg
3 oz. of chopped sugar free or low sugar candy corn
1. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine milk, margarine, honey and eggs. Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until fully combined. Fold chopped candy corn into the cake batter.
3. Allow batter to rest overnight in the refrigerator. The candy corn bits will dissolve completely.
4. Remove from refrigerator and stir well to incorporate candy corn color throughout the batter. The batter will turn a light orange.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray 4 mini cake pans or loaf pans with baking spray. Pour batter into pans and bake for 18 to 20 mins or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 mins. before removing from pan. Serve warm.
Yield = 4 Loaves
I Want Candy