Nasi Gorgeng is a classic Indonesian comfort food served to hungry on-the-go shoppers in Jakarta! I would love to make Nasi Gorgeng for Eddie and Alex Van Halen should they ever grant me an interview! 🙂
1. In a frying pan, saute’ 1 clove finely chopped garlic over medium heat for 30 seconds.
2. Add 1/4 cup of Prawns and 1/8 cup of julienned squid, maintaining the same heat throughout.
3. Add Sambai which consists of the following crushed together in a mortar; 1/2 cup garlic, 1/8 cup shallots, 1/4 cup red chilies, 2/3 cups chopped tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add 1 cup steamed long-grain white rice.
5. Stir in 1 tbsp. sweet soy sauce and 1 tsp. fish sauce to taste.
Van Halen The Best of Both Worlds