If you weren’t born into a certain social stratum, don’t miss “The Social Climber’s Bible: A Book of Manners, Practical Tips, and Spiritual Advice for the Upwardly Mobile.” Here are just a few of their pointers to get you started! 🙂
Please buy the book and learn some very important lessons! There are more social climbers now than ever before!
1. As Coco Chanel said, “dress as you wish to be perceived. First and foremost, social climber should look like they belong . . . anywhere.”
2. “As a rule of thumb, never be overdressed, for the simple reason that it will make it clear how hard you’re trying to be something you’re not.”
3. “The era when an accent could hinder your climb is behind us. Sounding as though you come from somewhere when you actually come from nowhere can be a plus. It is far better to keep your accent and your real name than taking on a fake name and losing your accent=you are then a fraud and a huge part of your soul dies when you do that. Be who you really are and it will make you seem more authentic.
4. For the social climber, honesty is rarely the best policy! You know who you are! 🙁
5. Social Climbing in the right house of worship will not only bring you closer to heaven, it can make your prayers come true. This is the case with so many popular and trendy movements such as Kabbalah, Transcendental Meditation, Scientology and other similar type Organizations. The best way to promote a cult, belief system or movement is to gather a bunch of celebrities and high net worth people to do the advertising for you! 🙁
6. Highly accomplished people never grow tired of hearing how great they are or having a million photos taken no matter what they claim! 🙁
7. The 3 questions you NEVER want to ask at a cocktail party.
1. Who are you?
2. Where do you live?
3. What do you do?
8. Where sexual desires are concerned, especially when love is involved, you are not in control; your desires control you. Since a good social climber is always in control, sex and worse, love, can lead to potentially fatal missteps.
9. Great social climbers do not stop dating up the food chain just because they are married. Sad but true.
10. Being a great guest involves more than simply self-confidence and having great manners. It means learning how to make yourself an asset to any and every social function you attend. For instance, donate self-made items for the auctions, offer to donate services, business knowledge etc.
11. More often than not, being a great guest means that you have to pretend that you are a better person than you really are. A little goes a long way. Most important of all, always bring a present.
12. Thank-you notes should always be written on personalized stationery in ink by hand!
Back in the USSR, Hungary or Poland! 🙁