Do you ever feel like there is never enough time in a day to get everything you need done? As far as modern technology and science have come, there are still no inventions that will add more hours onto the day. So how in the world can you get everything done on a tight schedule?… by managing your time of course. Finding efficient solutions that will allow you to complete tasks effectively can help you get more use out of your day.
Luckily, technology has afforded us one convenience that can help to manage time effectively and get things done in a short amount of time – smartphones and applications. There’s literally an app for just about anything you need to do, allowing you to handle business (or personal matters) on the go. Here are 10 types of smartphone apps that can save you time and minimize the stresses of everyday life.
1. Finding Transportation – Not everyone uses their automobile to get them to and from the destinations they need to be. A transportation service known as Uber, has changed the way commuters can find a source of transportation. When you’re in need of a ride in an instant, the Uber app allows you to instantly request a ride. Simply tell them where you are, where you’re going, and in no time at all you’ll be on your way.
2. Getting Around – if you do use your car to get around, but you’re going to an area you’re unfamiliar with, you can save yourself time by installing a GPS application. Getting to and from destinations is now a lot easier. GPS apps will give you several routes, display when there’s traffic or construction, and give alternate routes when necessary.
3. Moving – one of the most stressful processes is planning a move. While moving to a new location can be exciting, finding the right moving company, packing your bags, and everything in between can be a real pain in the neck. Well, on demand moving just got easier. There are applications that allow you to plug in your geographical information and be immediately connected to a reliable truck owner willing to assist you with moving on the day you specify.
4. Booking Travel – Planning a much needed vacation? Now you can start planning your trip on the go. Booking sites now have easy to download applications that allow you to review various packages and book instantly from your phone.
5. Watching TV – sometimes a hectic schedule doesn’t allow you to be home for your favorite shows. Well, you don’t have to worry about missing your television shows anymore as there are applications that allow you to watch TV instantly from your phone. By downloading the app, many television shows stream live so you don’t miss a thing.
6. Listening to Music – There’s something about music that just makes the day easier to get through. Listening to music in the car, at the gym, or even in the office can keep your spirits up and help the day to whiz by. Now you can download apps that allow you to listen to music on the go. No more searching for local channels, creating a playlist, or even rummaging through your cds. You can now listen to various genres of music no matter where you are.
7. Sending Emails – if you’re a business person or you communicate a lot through emails than checking them on a regular basis is important. Well instead of having to wait until you’re at a computer or pulling out your laptop while on the go, you can easily check your smartphone for up to date email notifications. Receive and send emails in an instant, without missing a beat.
8. Shopping – whether you’re shopping for office supplies, clothes, groceries, or this summer’s must haves, you can now get all of your shopping done from your phone. Compare prices, order, and make a payment online with just a few clicks.
9. Ordering Food – not sure you’re going to have time to cook tonight? Well now you can order food with an application to either pickup from the nearest restaurant or have delivered right to your front door. There are general food ordering apps which allow you to sort through several restaurants in the area and place an order, or you can check to see if your favorite restaurant has an application of their own so you can order directly from them. Either way you can order, pay, and get food status updates in real time to your phone.
10. Managing Money – personal finances are certainly an important part of everyday life. From making sure you stay on budget to checking your account balances, you can now manage your finances from your phone. There are banking apps, budgeting apps, and more that can be easily downloaded to help you stay on track financially.
Who knew you could check your email, request a ride, and order dinner all at once? How’s that for multi-tasking? You can make better use of your time by downloading various applications to your smartphone. The right apps can make doing routine tasks or time consuming tasks a lot easier to handle no matter where you are.