We love us some Liu Wen! At 28, her latest accomplishment is landing Mango’s ‘Soft Minimal’ campaign. See her answers to these latests questions!
1. What does style mean to you?
Fashion and style are a language – they helps us communicate with each other in a creative way. Style is one of the most important methods of self-expression.
2. How would you define your own style?
Comfortable, tomboy, and full of mix-and-match elements.
3. How did you become a model? Is it something you wanted to do since you were a child?
I never thought about becoming a model, actually. When I was 17, I entered a modeling contest in my home province in China because my mother wanted me to learn better posture. And the rest is history!
4. What was it like working with the MANGO team? Any fun moments?
It was a wonderful and comfortable experience. The creative team on set were people I’d worked with many times before – David Sims, Clare Richardson, etc. – so we all had a very nice reunion. A fun moment was when they asked me to use Elvis as reference during the shoot – I had never tried to imitate him before, so it was a fun challenge!
5. What is the key to having a successful career in fashion?
Love your job, stay punctual, and appreciate everything!