Welcome to AsianceMagazine.com (the “Site“). The Site is owned and operated by Asiance, LLC (“Asiance“).
By using the Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse the Site) or you are a “Member” (which means that you have registered with the Site). The term “User” refers to a Visitor or a Member. You are only authorized to use the Services (regardless of whether your access or use is intended) if you agree to abide by all applicable laws and to this Agreement. If you do not agree to do so, you should leave the Site and discontinue use of the Services immediately. If you wish to become a Member, communicate with other Members or make use of the Site and the Services, you must read this Agreement and indicate your acceptance during the registration process.
Asiance may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by Asiance on the Site. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Asiance reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
- Eligibility. Use of the Services and Membership is void where prohibited. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 14 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning if we believe that you are under 14 years of age.
- Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member’s Account Settings page. Asiance may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Sections 5 through 18 of this Agreement will survive the termination of this Agreement.
- Fees. You acknowledge that Asiance reserves the right to charge for the Services and to change its fees from time to time in its discretion. If Asiance terminates your Membership because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees.
- Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you also will be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify Asiance immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
- Non-commercial Use by Members. The Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by Asiance. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
- Proprietary Rights in Content on the Site.
- Asiance does notclaim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video,sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively,”Content“) that you display or publish (“post“)on or through the Services. After posting your Content on or throughthe Services, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content,and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way youchoose. By posting any Content on or through the Services, youhereby grant to Asiance a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform,publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on orthrough the Services. Without this license, Asiance would be unableto provide the Services. For example, without the right to modifyMember Content, Asiance would not be able to digitally compress musicfiles that Members submit or otherwise format Content to satisfy technicalrequirements, and without the right to publicly perform Member Content,Asiance could not allow Users to listen to music posted by Members.The license you grant to Asiance is non-exclusive (meaning you are freeto license your Content to anyone else in addition to Asiance), fully-paidand royalty-free (meaning that Asiance is not required to pay you forthe use on the Services of the Content that you post), sublicensable(so that Asiance is able to use its affiliates and subcontractors suchas Internet content delivery networks to provide the Services), andworldwide (because the Internet and the Services are global in reach). This license will terminate at the time you remove your Content fromthe Services. The license does not grant Asiance the right tosell your Content, nor does the license grant Asiance the right to distributeyour Content outside of the Services.
- You represent andwarrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through theServices or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forthin this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or throughthe Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights,copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owingany person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through theServices.
- The Services containContent of Asiance (“Asiance Content“). Asiance contentis protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and otherlaws, and Asiance owns and retains all rights in the Asiance contentand the Services. Asiance hereby grants you a limited, revocable,nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Asiance Content(excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connectionwith viewing the Site and using the Services.
- The Services containContent of Users and other Asiance licensors. Except for Contentposted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast,transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearingon or through the Services.
- Content Posted.
- Asiance may deleteany Content that in the sole judgment of Asiance violates this Agreementor which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights of, harm, orthreaten the safety of any person. Asiance assumes no responsibilityfor monitoring the Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time Asiance chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor theServices, Asiance nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content,no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and noresponsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
- You are solely responsiblefor the Content that you post on or through any of the Services, andany material or information that you transmit to other Members and foryour interactions with other Users. Asiance does not endorse andhas no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewedby Asiance prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinionsor policies of Asiance. Asiance makes no warranties, express orimplied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of theContent or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
- Content Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Services. Asiance reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Asiance’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of Asiance:
- is patently offensiveand promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind againstany group or individual;
- harasses or advocatesharassment of another person;
- exploits peoplein a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity,violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adultwebsite;
- solicits personalinformation from anyone under 18;
- provides any telephonenumbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
- promotes informationthat is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conductthat is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegalor unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such asproviding pirated computer programs or links to them, providing informationto circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providingpirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmissionof “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing,instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
- contains restrictedor password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linkedto or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotesany criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional informationabout illegal activities including, but not limited to, making or buyingillegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creatingcomputer viruses;
- solicits passwordsor personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposesfrom other Users;
- involves commercialactivities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests,sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photographof another person that you have posted without that person’s consent;or
- for band and filmmakerprofiles, uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleadingor deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile.
- Activity Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Site and through your use of the Services. Asiance reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Asiance’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal or tortiousactivity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscenematerial, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming,sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patentinfringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- advertising to,or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or servicesthrough the Services. You may not transmit any chain letters orjunk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rulesto use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact,advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicitconsent. In order to protect our Members from such advertisingor solicitation, Asiance reserves the right to restrict the number ofemails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour periodto a number which Asiance deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instantmessages or other unsolicited communications of any kind through theServices, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harmto Asiance, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficultto ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agreeto pay Asiance $50 for each such unsolicited email or other unsolicitedcommunication you send through the Services;
- covering or obscuringthe banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any Asiancepage via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- any automated useof the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send commentsor messages;
- interfering with,disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Services or the networksor services connected to the Services;
- attempting to impersonateanother Member or person;
- using the account,username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing yourpassword to any third party or permitting any third party to accessyour account;
- selling or otherwisetransferring your profile;
- using any informationobtained from the Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm anotherperson;
- displaying an advertisementon your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a thirdperson in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on orthrough the Services on behalf of that person, such as placing commercialcontent on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with a commercialpurpose, or sending private messages with a commercial purpose; or
- using the Servicesin a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Copyright Policy. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of Asiance to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of prompt notification to Asiance by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Asiance’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: Copyright Agent, Asiance, LLC, PO Box 4191 New York, NY 10163; Attn: Copyright Agent; Email: copyrightagent@asiancemagazine
- Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Asiance Members. Asiance reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
- Disclaimers. Asiance is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Site or in connection with the Services, whether caused by Users of the Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Services. Profiles created and posted by Members on the Site may contain links to other websites. Asiance is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by Asiance. Inclusion of any linked website on the Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Asiance. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. Asiance takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on the Site or through the Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. Asiance is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Services. Asiance assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or Member communication. Asiance is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Services. Under no circumstances shall Asiance be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Services, attendance at a Asiance event, from any Content posted on or through the Services, or from the conduct of any Users of the Services, whether online or offline. The Services are provided “AS IS” and as available and Asiance expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Asiance cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Services.
- Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL ASIANCE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF ASIANCE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, ASIANCE’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO ASIANCE FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
- U.S. Export Controls. Software, if any, made available in connection with the Services (the “Software“) is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Services or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk.
- Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving the Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, USA, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of the United States located in the State of New York, City of New York. Either Asiance or you may demand that any dispute between Asiance and you about or involving the Services must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in New York, New York, USA, provided that the foregoing shall not prevent Asiance from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Asiance, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the Site or through the Services causes Asiance to be liable to another.
- Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the Site or any of the Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Asiance regarding the use of the Services. The failure of Asiance to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Please contact us at: email@example.com with any questions regarding this Agreement.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.